Wellard Physiotherapy has a comprehensive range of services tailored to individual patient needs
Our Comprehensive service is tailored to individual patient needs, but will generally follow along these lines:
- Musculoskeletal, Neurological and Biomechanical assessment to identify the source of your condition
- Education and advice on the cause(s) of your condition, and how best to modify your sport / work / lifestyle if necessary
- Appropriate hands-on treatment
- Exercise prescription first aimed at improving your condition, and then at maintaining good health and future injury prevention
Your physiotherapy treatment may consist of any of the following modalities:
- Joint mobilisation and/or manipulation
- Soft tissue releases/massage
- Corrective exercises
- Taping / Bracing
- Orthotic Prescription
- Ergonomic advice
- Lifestyle advice / education
- Gym based exercises
- Core Stability / Pilates reformer, floor or fit ball exercises
- Pilates Mat classes
- Real Time Ultrasound Core Stability Training
- Pelvic Floor, Men’s and Women’s Health management
- Electro-physical Agents
- Dry needling
- Casting for fractures
- Thermoplastic Splinting
- Live Longer Live Stronger Exercise Classes
For more specific information on how we treat some common conditions, call one of our friendly physiotherapists at Wellard Physiotherapy for some free advice.
Our services at Wellard Physiotherapy are eligible for rebate under Private Health ancillary cover. To make payment easier, our clinics offer on-site electronic claiming (HiCAPS). This allows you to instantly claim your rebate from most private health insurers, leaving you only the gap to pay after treatment. Please click here to see if your Private Health fund is linked to HiCAPS direct claiming facilities.
We conduct one on one floor-based Pilates sessions at Wellard Physiotherapy.
GYM AND EXERCISE REHABILITATION
Wellard Physiotherapy has a fully equipped rehabilitation gym for private use and for insurance-based rehabilitation.
- The gym is open for private use at most times that the physiotherapy clinic is open
- Gym memberships are available and include a free initial gym appraisal
WOMEN’S HEALTH AND CONTINENCE PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy is a clinically proven treatment for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. In many cases it is as effective as surgery, for a fraction of the costs and with no risks or side effects.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy Consultations at Wellard Physiotherapy involve:
- Detailed subjective and objective assessment by appropriately trained physiotherapist
- Real Time Ultrasound Imaging of bladder, pelvic floor, pelvic organs
- Internal Examination if indicated
- Appropriate prescription of Exercises, Activity/Lifestyle Modification, many other modalities as indicated
As well as incontinence and pelvic orgran prolapse, other conditions such as mastitis, pre/post-natal back and pelvic pain, rectus diastasis and many others can be treated by our physiotherapists.
We conduct hydrotherapy group sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at Kwinana StateSwim.
- Monday 12-1pm
- Wednesday 2-3pm
- Friday 12-1pm
Programs are individualised to your needs and a physiotherapist is present at all times.
Private Health Fund rebates apply.
CASTING & THERMOPLASTIC SPLINTING
At Wellard Physiotherapy we provide a full range of casting services for fractures and other conditions/injuries requiring custom fitted immobilization.
Our casts can be made to be waterproof and removable.
Please notify staff at your time of booking it is for casting, as not all physiotherapists perform this service, and it does require a longer booking.
OVER 50'S EXERCISE CLASSES (AVAILABLE AT AUBIN GROVE PHYSIOTHERAPY)
Research shows that strength-based exercise programs designed specifically for the over 50’s can result in improvements in a variety of areas.
These classes aim to achieve a reduction in falls, improved health, quality of life and fitness.
Aubin Grove Physiotherapy runs circuit-based exercise classes 3 times per week.
REMEDIAL MASSAGE (AVAILABLE AT AUBIN GROVE PHYSIOTHERAPY)
Remedial massage therapy involves the assessment and treatment of soft tissue dysfunctions, to assist in rehabilitation, alleviation of pain and injury management. Massage therapy may also be beneficial as a preventative strategy to promote normal muscle contraction and reduce the likelihood of injury. Remedial massage therapy aims to:
- Restore and maintain normal muscle length
- Reduce pain and muscle tension
- Promote normal joint position and mobility
- Increase the flow of blood to muscles
- Promote the formation of healthy scar tissue
Each massage is tailored to suit individual needs, and will consist of an assessment (to identify musculoskeletal dysfunctions and determine the client’s health status) and appropriate hands on treatment. Your remedial massage treatment may consist of a combination of the following techniques:
- Swedish Massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Neuromuscular techniques (eg. trigger point therapy)
- Myofascial release techniques
- Muscle energy techniques
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- Positional release techniques
- Mobilising techniques
Rebates from most Private Health Insurers may apply. Our massage therapists, Jacinta and Rachel, are available 6 days per week (including Saturday mornings). 30, 60 and 90 minute sessions available.
We stock a wide range of physiotherapy related products. We will happily order in anything you require through one of our medical warehouses. Here is an example of some products we regularly stock. Feel free to call and enquire if there is anything you need!